The Sentinel

‘A great experience’

Back to Article
Back to Article

‘A great experience’

Trista Akkerman, Staff Writer

Students attend FFA convention

Several members of FFA chose to forgo celebrating Halloween in order to attend the National FFA Convention in Louisville, Kentucky this year. The convention was held from Oct. 29-Nov. 1.

“It’s a way to engage students and motivate them to do better for themselves and to see what they could accomplish within the organization. It is also a great time for students within our own chapter to get to know each other better,” said FFA adviser Ms. Yarger.

The FFA Convention is one of the largest youth gatherings with over 60,000 attendants.

“Students get the chance to meet other students from all over the United States, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands,” Yarger said.

At the convention, students attended educational sessions and listened to motivational speakers. They also attended an expo where they could explore career and educational opportunities from hundreds of industry-leading exhibitors.

“It was a great experience. I learned a lot of new things and met a lot of new people,” said senior Connor Bollum.

According to Bollum, some of the trip highlights included going to the Justin Moore and Easton Corbin concert and listening to the motivational speakers.

Along with Yarger and Connor Bollum, the following students attended the convention: Brad Gerlach, Noah and Michael Carroll, Josh Bollum, Christine Nelson, Emily Billings, Evan Mardigard, Josh Irvin, and Luke Vanhasen.