The Sentinel

Austin Boys Survive The Storm

Hugh Olson, Editor

On Wednesday March 21st, The Austin Packers Boys Basketball Team faced off against the Sauk Rapids-Rice Storm in the MSHSL State Quarter-Final game. The game took place in Minneapolis’ Williams Arena, and both teams made a great showing. The Packers defeated the Storm with a final score of 64-55, and would advance to the State Semi-Final game against the Delano Tigers. “I feel like we played a decent game. We didn’t shoot as well as we normally do and we turned the ball over too much”, said Austin’s starting point guard Tate Hebrink on the win over Rice. Four of the five starters for Austin are seniors, and will be graduating at the end of the year and leaving their high school career behind. “It feels great but we aren’t done yet, we want to bring home the championship” said Hebrink. Another starting senior for Austin: Moses Issa, also shared his thoughts on the game. Issa said that he didn’t feel they played their best game, and if they wanted to beat Delano, they would need to play better. However, there were plenty of key factors that led to Austin’s win. “Our energy defensively, made big shots, and free throws,” said Issa. This was a big win for the Packers, but they aren’t done yet. GO PACK!