The Sentinel

The Life of a Captain: Josh Belden

Elijah Marks

Josh Belden, a senior at Austin High, is a pep band captain. He has invested so much time and energy in to the Austin high school band. Josh started band with Brad Mariska and has many good years with Christoph Dundas who was new to the high school. Belden has impacted this band program forever. Belden and Dundas have made our pep band better than most in the state.

Joshua Belden

Austin Packer Pep band captain, football player, and wrestler.

Josh Plays a “Pbone” a plastic trombone colored red to match the Austin packers colors. Belden leads a big crew of other pep band members and play many dif

ferent arrangements of exciting peppy music to get the fans and players pepped up. The many songs Josh Belden said the pep band can play can consist of “ Sweet Caroline, Hot Hot Hot, Land of 1000 dances, The Star Spangled Banner, We Ain’t Gonna Take It, and everybody’s favorite the Austin Packer Fight Song. Of course the band is able to play many other songs but those are crowd favorites. Josh was able to only go to non-football pep bands because he participates in football on Friday nights. When the captain is there though the pep band plays loud and very proud.
The Austin High School pep band gets the fans on their feet and electrify the air every time every sport. “I think when we are playing pep band music our team plays better.” said Belden. The pep band went to the Minnesota state soccer games to support and represent Austin High School with our soccer team which placed third in the state this year. The pep band has made many appearances to the state tournament for basketball and soccer in recent years. “The pep band has also never lost a game,” said Belden. Josh will continue to support the Austin High School band forever.